SELECTED LIST OF EXHIBITIONS
Current & Upcoming Events
* FEATURED ARTIST (September). Berkeley Art Center, 1275 Walnut St., Berkeley, CA 94709. http://www.berkeleyartcenter.org/#/mirka-knaster-sept-2017/
* WATER WORKS. September 21 - October 28. Annapolis Maritime Museum, 723 2nd St., Annapolis, MD 21403. Reception: Sunday, October 1, 3 - 5 pm. http://mdfedart.com/portfolio/98/
* KOREA TEXTILE TOUR. October 16 - 26. http://koreatextiletour.weebly.com/ Fiber arts tour to Korea led by Youngmin Lee, Mirka Knaster, Lissa Miner, in Seoul and surrounding areas.
* SABBATH: THE 2017 DOROTHY SAXE INVITATIONAL. Contemporary Jewish Museum, 736 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103. November 12, 2017 - February 25, 2018. https://www.thecjm.org/exhibitions/98
* RED ART 2 Mars Gallery. January - December. http://smithlaurel.wixsite.com/redart2mars/single-post/2017/01/01/Red-Geometry
* STRATA: New Works from SAQA. Pence Gallery, 212D St., Davis, CA 95616. June 27 - August 23. Reception: Friday, July 14, 6 - 9 pm http://www.pencegallery.org/index.html
* STUDIO DISCOVERY TOUR. My studio at The Sea Ranch will be open for two weekends: August 26-27 and September 2-4, 10am - 5pm. http://studiodiscoverytour.com/
* MIASA-OMACHI. Omachi Asagura Art Center and Wachigai Gallery, Omachi, Japan. July 1 - 30.
* SACRED THREADS. July 7- 23. Floris United Methodist Church, 13600 Frying Pan Rd., Herndon, VA. Meet the Artists: July 14 - 16.
* FOCUS ON FIBER and [co-curator of] KOREAN VOICES IN FIBER: TRANSLATING TRADITION INTO CONTEMPORARY ART. Sacramento Fine Arts Center, 5330B Gibbons Dr., Carmichael, CA 95608. June 6 - 25. Reception: Saturday, June 10, 4:30 - 7:30 pm. http://sacfinearts.org/
* MIASA-OMACHI. Matsumoto Museum of Modern Art, Matsumoto, Japan. May 9 - 14.
* MFA@GALLERY B 2017. Gallery B, 7700 Wisconsin Ave #E, Bethesda, MD, 20814. March 29 - April 29. Reception: Friday, April 14, 6 - 8pm.
* BOUNDARIES & BALANCE. ACCI Gallery, 1652 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94709. March 1 - 31. Reception: Friday, March 3, 6 - 8pm. http://www.accigallery.com/upcoming-exhibitions.html
* IT'S ELEMENTAL: FIRE & WATER. Valley Art Center. 155 Bell St. Chagrin Falls, OH 44022. January 20 - March 1. Reception: Friday, January 20, 6 - 8pm. http://www.valleyartcenter.org/events.html
* WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT? Gualala Arts Center, 46501 Old State Highway, Gualala, CA 95445. February 3- March 5. Reception: Friday, February 3, 5 - 7pm. http://gualalaarts.org/2017/02/whats-love-got-to-do-with-it/
* MFA WINTER MEMBER JURIED SHOW. MFA Circle Gallery. 18 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401. January 5 - 21. Reception: Sunday, January 15, 3 - 5pm. http://mdfedart.com/portfolio/80/
* MAC MEMBERS' JURIED EXHIBIT. Mendocino Art Center. 45200 Little Lake St., Mendocino, CA 95460. January 6 - 30. Reception: Saturday, January 14, 5 - 8pm. Awarded Honorable Mention. http://www.mendocinoartcenter.org/MyLasso/MainGallery-January-2017.lasso
* ART OF A COMMUNITY. Arts Benicia. 991 Tyler St., Ste. 114. Benicia, CA 94510. January 21 - February 19. Reception: Saturday, January 28, 6 – 8pm. https://artsbenicia.org/art-of-a-community-2017/
PAST JURIED/JUDGED SHOWS (and other events)
* HERE, Part I. 2016 BAC Artists Annual Exhibition. Berkeley Art Center. 1275 Walnut Street Berkeley, CA 94709. December 3, 2016 - January 8, 2017. Reception: Saturday, December 3, 5 - 7pm. http://www.berkeleyartcenter.org/#/exhibitions2016/
* GUALALA SALON. Gualala Arts Center. 46501 Old State Highway, Gualala, CA, 95445. December 2 -31. Reception: Friday, December 2, 5 - 7pm. http://gualalaarts.org/2016/12/gualala-salon-salon-des-refuses/
* SMALL WORK, BIG DEAL. Sebastopol Center for the Arts. 282 S. High Street, Sebastopol, CA 95472. December 2- 31. Reception: Saturday, December 2, 6 - 7:30pm. http://sebarts.org/
* WE ARE THE BRIDGE. The Osher Marin JCC. 200 North San Pedro Rd. San Rafael, CA 94903. September 18 - December 31. Reception: Sunday, September 18, 1 - 3pm.
* STRATA: New Works from SAQA. Metro Gallery, Reno City Hall, 1 E. First St., Reno, NV 89505.
September 19 - November 4. Reception: Thursday, October 6, 5 - 7:30pm.
* CREATIVITY & TEXTILE CARDS (talk & workshop). Suwon, South Korea. Tuesday, October 4, 10am - 4pm.
* BOUNDARIES. Sebastopol Center for the Arts, 282 S. High Street, Sebastopol, CA 95472. July 29 - September 4. Reception: Friday, July 29, 6 - 7:30pm. http://sebarts.org/index.php/visual-arts/previous-exhibitions/
* ART BY THE SEA, the 6th Annual Sea Ranch Tour, The Sea Ranch, CA, open studio during Labor Day weekend, September 3 - 5, 10am - 5pm. http://thesearancharttour.com/
* 55th annual ART IN THE REDWOODS FESTIVAL. Gualala Arts Center, Gualala, CA. Saturday, August 13, 10am - 5pm and Sunday, August 14, 10am - 4pm. http://gualalaarts.org/2016/08/art-in-the-redwoods-festival-2016/
* WA NO KOKORO, The Spirit of Japan, Spindrift Gallery (Cypress Village), Gualala, CA. July 9 - 31. Reception: Saturday, July 9, 4 - 7pm.
* ART @ CARMODY GALLERY, sponsored by FLOCKworks of Mendocino. 324 N. Franklin, Ft. Bragg, CA 95437. July 1 - 24 (weekends only, 1-4). Reception: Friday, July 1, 5 - 8pm.
* FOCUS ON FIBER. Sacramento Fine Arts Center, 5330B Gibbons Drive, Carmichael, CA 95608. June 28 - July 16. Reception: Saturday, July 9, 5:30 - 8:30pm. http://www.sacfinearts.org/
* PROTECT THE EARTH'S ENVIRONMENT/TIQF 2016. National Tainan Living Arts Center, Tainan City, Taiwan. April 30 - May 29. http://www.taqs.org.tw/
* FIRE AND ICE. A Flockworks exhibit at Odd Fellows Hall. 45101 Ukiah St., Mendocino CA 95460. April 1 - 24. Reception: Saturday, April 9, 5-8pm. http://www.flockworks.blogspot.com
* ABSTRACT. Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol, CA. February 12 - March 20. http://sebarts.org/index.php/visual-arts/
* THE ART OF A COMMUNITY. Arts Benicia. 991 Tyler St., #114, Benicia, CA 94510. January 23 - February 20. Reception: Saturday, January 23, 7–9pm, and Saturday, February 20, 1-4pm. http://artsbenicia.org/the-art-of-a-community-2016/
* GUALALA SALON. Burnett Gallery, Gualala Arts Center, Gualala, CA. December 4 , 2015 - January 3, 2016. Opening reception: Friday, December 4, 5-7pm.http://gualalaarts.org/category/exhibits/arts-center-exhibit/
* GEMS III: Exquisite, Intricate, Intimate Small Works of Art. Arts Benicia, 991 Tyler Street, Suite 114, Benicia, CA 94510. December 2 – 20. Opening reception: Saturday, December 5, 2–4pm.
* STRATA: New Works from SAQA, Harrington Gallery, Firehouse Arts Center, 4444 Railroad Ave., Pleasanton, CA, November 12 - December 16. Opening reception: Thursday, November 12, 7-9pm.
* MICROCOSMOS: Small work can be art that gently whispers. Gallery 621, 309 First St., Benicia, CA, 94510. October 29 - November 29. Opening reception: Saturday, November 14, 5-8pm. http://gallery621.com/
* ART BY THE SEA, the 5th Annual Sea Ranch Tour, The Sea Ranch, CA, open studio, Labor Day weekend, September 5 - 7, 10am - 5pm. http://thesearancharttour.com/
* 54th Annual Art in the Redwoods Festival, Gualala, CA, August 15-16, 10am-5pm. [1st place, Fibers, Textiles, and Soft Sculpture] http://gualalaarts.org/2015/08/2015-art-in-the-redwoods-festival/
* 47th Annual Textile Exhibit, Olive Hyde Art Gallery, 123 Washington Blvd., Fremont, CA, June 19–July 18. http://olivehydeartguild.org/news-events/upcoming-exhibits/
* WE ARE THE BRIDGE, the 3rd Interfaith Art Exhibition Biennial, Islamic Cultural Center of Northern California, 1433 Madison St., Oakland CA, May 2-30.
* ARTQUILTSreminisce, PAQA-South, Page-Walker Arts & History Center, Cary NC, April 22-June 21. paqa-south.org
* IN BLACK AND WHITE. FLOCKworks. Odd Fellows Hall, Mendocino CA, April 4 - 26. flockworks.blogspot.com/
* FIBER TALES, The Garfield Park Arts Center, Indianapolis, IN, November 1-15. www.gpacarts.org
* 2014 International Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival, La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum, La Conner WA, October 3-5. www.laconnerquilts.org
* WA NO KOKORO, The Spirit of Japan, Spindrift Gallery (Cypress Village), Gualala, CA, September 13 - October 3. www.spindriftgallery.com
* Art by the Sea, the 4th Annual Sea Ranch Art Tour. My textile art studio open to the public, August 30 - September 1, 10am - 5pm. The Sea Ranch Art Tour 2014
* SMALL WONDERS in That's About the Size of It, Dianne Neuman Gallery (Cypress Village). Gualala, CA, July 5-29. www.dngallery.com
* BLACK AND WHITE EXPO 2014, finalist, Infinity Art Gallery. www.infinityartgallery.com
* ARTQUILTSwhimsy! PAQA-South, Page-Walker Arts & History Center, Cary NC, April 23-June 22. paqa-south.org
* IN THE RED, Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol CA, February 20 - April 4. www.sebarts.org
* Road to California Quilters' Conference, Ontario CA [Honorable Mention--Innovative, Wall, Mixed]
* Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF), Santa Clara CA
* New Quilts of Northern California at PIQF, Santa Clara CA
* Northwest Quilting Expo, Portland OR
* Art in the Redwoods. Gualala Arts Center, Gualala CA [3rd Place--Fibers, Textiles & Soft Sculpture]
* Quilt San Francisco: The Evolution of an Art Form, San Francisco CA [2nd Place--Piecing Innovative, Small; 2nd Place--Traditional, Small]
* Art in the Redwoods. Gualala Arts Center, Gualala CA [3rd Place--Quilts]
* Fort Bragg Quilt Show, Ft. Bragg CA [2nd Place--Wall Hanging, Large]