Surface Design Association (SDA) surfacedesign.org/
North Coast Artists Guild northcoastartistsguild.com/
Berkeley Art Center berkeleyartcenter.org/
Sebastopol Center for the Arts sebarts.org/
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts ohanloncenter.org/
Gualala Arts Center gualalaarts.org/
Textile Arts Council (TAC), Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco textileartscouncil.org/
Asian Art Museum of San Francisco asianart.org/
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) sfmoma.org/
Contemporary Jewish Museum thecjm.org/
San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles sjquiltmuseum.org/
My books and articles have been published academically and commercially since the 1970s in a variety of fields. I have served as a contributing editor and consulting editor for magazines, journals, and encyclopedias.
* Article on bojagi and Youngmin Lee: https://www.throughourhands.co.uk/2017/01/28/bojagi-traditional-and-contemporary-fiber-art-from-korea/
* Post on textiles in Poland for Textile Society of America's blog: https://textilesocietyofamerica.org/6416/a-citys-history-and-a-familys-history-woven-together-in-poland/
* Art blog since January 2014: http://exploringtheheartofit.weebly.com/ continued at https://mirkaart.com/exploringtheheartofit/
* "So You're Thinking of Blogging," SAQA Journal (parts 1 and 2, winter and spring 2015)
* "Papermaking in Bhutan," Fiber Arts (vol. 36, no. 1, summer 2009)
* East-West Conversations in Fiber, Sierra Arts Gallery, Reno NV, July 2 - 31, 2018. Curator.
* Korean Voices in Fiber: Translating Tradition into Contemporary Art, traveling exhibition: EBHQ Voices in Cloth, Craneway Pavilion, Pt. Richmond CA, March 17 -18, 2018; Gualala Arts Center, Gualala CA, October 6 - November 18, 2017; Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol CA, July 28 - September 3, 2017; Sacramento Fine Arts Center, Carmichael CA, June 6 - 25, 2017. Co-curator with Misik Kim (Seoul).
* Inspirations II (SAQA, Northern California/Northern Nevada), FiberSpace, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, San Jose CA, April 30 to June 26, 2016. Co-curator.
SELECTED INTERVIEWS AND CATALOGUES
* Featured artist (September 2017), Berkeley Art Center, Berkeley, CA. berkeleyartcenter.org/#/mirka-knaster-sept-2017/
* Sabbath: The 2017 Dorothy Saxe Invitational. The Contemporary Jewish Museum, San Francisco, catalogue
* The 10th Anniversary Exhibition of the Art and Craft Exchange between Two Towns, Omachi and Mendocino (2017), catalogue in Japanese and English
* Taiwan International Quilt Exhibition 2016; Save the Environment, Taiwan Art Quilt Society, Tainan City, Taiwan, catalogue in Chinese and English
* Strata: New Work from SAQA, Harrington Gallery, Pleasanton, CA (2015) and Metro Gallery, Reno NV (2016), catalogue
* Featured artist, TextileArtist.org. textileartist.org/mirka-knaster-interview-intuitive-and-improvisational
* Textile Society of America blog (2014): textilesocietyofamerica.org/6416/a-citys-history-and-a-familys-history-woven-together-in-poland/
* KGUA-FM. soundcloud.com/listentothedrift/the-gypsy-mirka-knaster-2311
SYMPOSIUM and RESEARCH/TRAVEL PROJECTS
* Dharma and the Arts Symposium, co-organizer and presenter, Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, Barre, MA (April 2016)
* Korea Textile Tour (2016-2018), fiber arts tour organized and led by Mirka Knaster, Youngmin Lee, Lissa Miner
* Cross-cultural research projects in Asia and Latin America (funded by Ford Foundation) leading to three published books and many articles informing my background in traditional arts in these cultures.
PRESENTATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
* Threads of Splendor: Korean Culture and Art (presentation) North Suburban Needle Arts Guild, Ltd. Chicago, Il. November 19, 9:30 - noon. nsng.org/copy-of-knaster
* Composing in Small Space: Benefits and Joys of Mini-Art (workshop) North Suburban Needle Arts Guild, Ltd. Chicago, Il. Novermber 20 - 21, 9:30am - 4pm. nsng.org/copy-of-knaster
* Creativity & Textile Cards (talk & workshop) Suwon, South Korea (October 2016)
* Fiber Arts of Korea (presentation) Pointless Sisters, Santa Rosa, CA (February 2018)
* Textile Arts of Japan (presentation) Pacific Piecemakers Quilt Guild, Gualala, CA (2014)
* Textile Arts of Japan (presentation) Pointless Sisters, Santa Rosa, CA (2013)